Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2/20/08 - BJJ - Mr. Gilmore

We warmed up by rolling around for a bit. I rolled with Sam for position. I did pretty good but he does have a good 50+ lbs or more on me.

We then went into an RNC set up from that back.

  • You start to sink in the RNC
  • They defend with both hands by pulling your arm down
  • As they are pulling down you push their hands down which allows you easy access to slip in your other arm for the RNC
  • At any time as you push their hands down you can trap their arm with your leg
  • Now they only have 1 arm free
From there you can also throw an arm bar from the back as well

Then I rolled with Ian for about 20 min. We were pretty evenly matched but he did pull off two good submissions that I didnt even see coming. One was some sort of neck crank and the other I should have seen coming but didn't. The armless triangle.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro