Friday, October 24, 2008

10/21/08 - BJJ - Warriors Edge

Well it's been 8 months since I've trained. Due to moving, finding a new school, money and time its been a little hard to get back to it. But it is long over due!

I found 2 schools that seemed good but were either a little to expensive or just a tad to far away. They were the Relson Gracie Academy and Infinite Jiu Jitsu. Infinite was really as far as I wanted to travel but they were a little expensive. Relson was a good price but a little to far away. Plus they have 3 hour classes!

Finally I found Warriors Edge in Buda. Only 15 min away and a good price.

I showed up 15 min late for the no-gi class because I couldnt find the place. When I got there there were 2 students and the instructor (Ted, a purple belt under Vandry). We worked on the arm bar from guard and transition to triangle. After that we rolled 8 min matches.

I rolled 3 matches and feel I did pretty good being that I havent rolled in 8 months! I was surprised that I didnt gas out as much as I thought I would.

One of those matches was rolling with the instructor. I forgot what it was like to roll with a purple! He had a tight game!

I need to work on my side control escape, knee on belly escape, and grips.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro