Thursday, January 31, 2008

1/30/08 - BJJ - Mr. Stuart

Last night was crazy! We warmed up with 5 laps and then Mr. Stuart surprised us with part of the Army physical fitness test. I did:

  • 71 pushups in 2 min
  • 67 sit ups in 2 min
  • 170 something jumping jacks in 2 min
  • And then a shuttle run 21 times in 2 min
Then we had about a 1 min break and started rolling! I was partnered with Matt. I had to break his guard within a min. I did. Then I had to get out of his side control and mount in 1 min. I couldn't. After that we rolled for 3 min matches. My first match was against a smaller teenager kid. I was beat so I basically took mount and stayed there for 3 min more or less. Next I went against JD. He crazy. He started throwing elbows to my head and legs and was trying some crazy moves that I think he just made up. I knew I wasnt in danger so I just let him waste his energy. Then I went against Dereck. He's a beast. He tapped me with an Americana from 1/2 guard. I should have never let him get there but I was to tired to even fight back. Next round I took his back and kept it for most of the time. He was really tight though so I didnt really get much other than his back.

After class I took a 2 min break and then rolled with JD again. He was trying some of his crazy stuff again. I almost got him in a triangle. I wish my legs werent so short! But then tapped him with an arm bar.

After that I thought there was open mat but appearently there wasnt because everyone left. So I joined the cardio class.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro